Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ultrasound scan: 12 weeks

Just had my 12 week ultrasound scan at Frimley Park Hospital.

I couldn't believe how much Baby Bee had grown in 3 weeks.

They measured baby crown to rump,  and then did the nuchal translucency which all seemed fine. Baby is still measuring at my estimated due date!

The thin gap between the spine seemed very thin and it was measured well under the tolerance for concern. This put my mind at ease but I knew they would need to combine this result with the blood tests that they took after in order to get my percentage chance of having a baby with birth defects.

They also check that the skull and brain (already split into various chambers), the abdomen, stomach, bladder, hands and feet are visible/normal.


They need to get the baby into certain positions in order to make their measurements and check the its various parts. So I had to jump up and down a few times during the session!



No comments:

Post a Comment