Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ultrasound Scan: 9 weeks

I really needed to know everything was 'okay'. Also, I was a bit worried I could be having twins due to the size of my belly!

My friend suggested Babybond and at first I was against it - thinking I will wait for the 12-week ultrasound scan.

However, curiosity, as well as a lot of very negative posts via Babycentre, induced me to book. I did it online and found that there was one in Ashford, Middlesex - although it seems to advertised as Heathrow. Which is an airport rather than a place! As I grew up around that area I knew the difference.

I managed to get a booking for that weekend when Mr Bee was around. There were earlier slots available but I wanted to go with Mr Bee.

Anyway, so we go and they were very nice. A tiny little shop like place with a small room through a door to the back with all the equipment etc. I think we were in there about 10 minutes in all.

It was all good news - heart beat visible (although they did not measure it as I had seen on some Youtube videos) and baby measured bang on for my expected date of delivery (crown to rump). I was so happy and relieved.

My friend at work said it would just be a blob - but  no - my baby is no blob and it has a head and arms! You could also see the yolk sac.

They took some photos and this is the first one of little Baby Bee:


So that's a review of Babybond - well worth the £99 although I think other places do it more cheaply.

No comments:

Post a Comment